Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Boot Camp

I started boot camp fitness yesterday. Well, I thought I started it yesterday. I was sore from yesterday. I sweated yesterday. This morning when I took my clothes out of my gym bag from yesterday, they were still wet from the sweat from yesterday. But that was just the assessment.

It was nothing.

Today I got a small dose of what Hell is probably like.

The worst part? The fitness center has windows at the top so that all the people that are stretching and working out in the cardio area can look down on us. I now know how goldfish must feel. But goldfish don't have to do the bear crawl with their butts (do goldfish have butts?) sticking up at the observation deck of the fitness center.

But that isn't the worst part.

The worst part is that I didn't even think about that until just now. It was so painful, I wasn't even self conscious. Come to think of it, about the only other time I experienced so much pain that I thought nothing about how ridiculous I must look, I was giving birth.

But no, that isn't the worst part.

The worst part, actually, is that on top of all that, I'm paying for this experience!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You are hysterical! My family laughed at me all morning as I couldn't get out of bed or walk down the steps and as I moaned or yelled in pain everytime I would use another sore muscle!

Just remember...it will be worth it in the end, I hope!

Good luck with yours! Ours is outside until it starts getting colder. Anything above 50 degrees and we're outdoors.