Sunday, May 21, 2006

What's going on out there

This is only home for a few more days. And Eric is afraid to sit down on anything for fear that I will sell it out from underneath him, but as I hear my daughter and my son and my husband wrestling on the bed, it feels and sounds like home.

Anyway, there has been lots to say this past week and people have said it better than I:

  • Judith's poem Beach Walk is hauntingly beautiful.
  • Robin has posted a playdough recipe.
  • Minnie is still having seizures. Here is her latest account. Minnie, I am praying that God uses your trials in an amazing way.
  • Addie posted about a prayer request for a little girl undergoing surgery.
  • Tammara posts about working for a virtual call center. I have to admit, I've been intrigued by this type of thing for stay at home moms. I'll be interested to see how it works out.
  • Chris McGregor posts on Brian McLaren's book A Generous Orthodoxy. This is a book I've been meaning to read. McLaren's been a bit controversial, I think mainly because of his views of heaven and hell. But I think McLaren raises interesting questions in his other books.
  • I am a Malcolm Gladwell fan. Here is his latest post on healthcare in the U.K. vs. U.S. I was hoping Australia was somewhere in the mix, but it wasn't.

Okay, need to get packin'.

No comments: