Monday, March 06, 2006

A few of my favorite things

I'm not a clean freak (much to my mother's dismay--she was a home economics major). In spite, or perhaps because, of that (my not being a clean freak) I have a few items I dearly love. Here they are:

I bought a bunch of handiwipes from Home Depot and I keep them in a plastic bag storage container. They came in industrial size numbers. I use these instead of paper towels (and oftentimes tissue paper). When I use one depending upon the use, I either throw it into the sink or the washing machine (both are close by). I wash them with whatever I'm washing at the time. Eventually they do wear out, but I started out with these about a year ago and I'm still going strong on only the third package.
We have concrete floors and so the Roomba works great for me. My husband got this for me, and I am being dead serious when I say that I think it is quite the romantic gift. It shows that he picked up on the subtle "I hate housework" vibe I was sending.

They now have one that actually mops, but it's a bit pricey.


You can't really tell by this picture, but this chair is hanging from the table. How cool is that! So my Roomba has no problem cleaning the messiest part of my floors! I have a big farm table that can comfortably seat ten, so I needed a lot of chairs. I found my dream chairs at an antique auction once. Eric said that if they didn't go over $250, he wouldn't have a problem with getting them (he was talking about the entire set). They went for $300/piece.

So anyway, I think these chairs (from IKEA) work well for us. Especially right now.

And did I mention they are stackable.

Any cool gadgets that make your life easier that you'd like to share?

No comments: