Thursday, January 05, 2006

Reading the Bible in 90 days

I have not forgotten about this. I am going to start on January 16th. I've postponed it a week because I've had some things come up, but I ordered the 90 day Bible and even read the first day. Already it is amazing. When you read large portions of the Bible at once it is a much more exciting story (Now, this is Genesis, which actually is pretty exciting stuff. Not sure I'll say the same about Numbers.) One thing that stood out to me were the parallels between Creation and the Fall and when Noah and his family came out of the Ark. I'd never realized it before because I rarely read both stories in one setting. God tells both to be fruitful, he gives them instructions on what they can and cannot eat. Both stories involve shame and nakedness. I'm still pondering the implications of those parallels.

No comments: