Friday, December 09, 2005

Interesting thoughts on church

Real Live Preacher has some interesting thoughts on how he would do church. I reference them because awhile back this post caught my attention. The post is entitled Honest Questions About Church. I don't think we should try to define church for everyone, but I do think we should spend some time defining church for ourselves.

Our pastor is doing a sermon series called Why I and the last two sermons have focused on Doubt. I don't have the kinds of doubt that he is addressing. I don't doubt God, well--right now I don't.

But I doubt my place. I doubt the track my life is on. Those are some of the doubts I have. Luckily, I have a wonderfully supportive husband who is willing to take time to investigate these questions with me. I have great parents and family. But I was talking to Eric last night and I said, "I'm scared that I'm not living the life God is calling me to live, but I'm also frightened when I glimpse the life God is calling me to."

Jesus took shots from both sides. From the religious powers and political powers. I don't think this world has changed that much.

No comments: