Saturday, November 26, 2005

What I am reading

George Barna's Revolution. Actually, just finished it. And just finished Understanding the Difficult Words of Jesus.

Also reading passages from the Gospels on the Last Supper.

Learning:
  • To properly serve our hometeam and to pursue Christ's leading in our lives, we need to think smaller. Forsaking leadership for servanthood.
  • I need to streamline those activities that have nothing to do with forming relationships with God and with others. (I am using this argument to get a new couch! I spend an inordinate amount of time straightening slip covers, and they never look like those couches in the brochures! Plus, I have this very un-Christlike sense of dismay anytime a guest sits on our sofa and wrinkles them up again.)
  • Pursue God's work within the universal church. In our particular case to minister to the needs of those God is putting into our lives that do not know Christ we will probably have to take a smaller role in our local church.
  • Right now I need to spend more time studying Mathew, Mark, Luke and John to determine our relationship with God and others.

No comments: