Monday, October 17, 2005

A visit from the imaginary friends

It's been a while since Caleb's imaginary friends have visited. But tonight they joined us for Caleb's bath. Caleb's friend is Jaric, His brother is Baric, and his friend-monster is Haric. Haric has changed his appearance quite often. I guess you can do that if you are a monster. At first he, "did not look like anthing, but he smelled like potatoes." Then he smelled like potato chips. Now he looks like a banana. I was informed that he is all yellow with black on the top and bottom. And he has some black spots in the middle.

2 comments:

Addie said...

Wow, that is too cute! My daughter would make up names for her imaginary friends also and they would rhyme just like your sons. I think it is so sweet. Enjoy it! It'll be a little sad when the __ric boys don't come around anymore.

(I hope they got a good bath so they didn't smell like potatos and chips any more!)

praynlady said...

I always wondered why we as adults didn't have imaginary friends. They are so enlightening to our children yet we seem to have lost a little of our imagination as we grew up. It would be nice to have the childlike faith in an imaginary friend at times. I talk to God frequently as I know He is my friend, just not imaginary. Oh, how I miss the early days of childhood and the ease with which we could make friends in our heads. God is awesome!