Thursday, September 15, 2005

Cheap Toys

Caleb's birthday is coming up. He'll be four. Okay, actually it has already passed, but he doesn't know that. He thinks his birthday is Sunday. I have yet to get him a present. Honestly, I can't count the number of times I've shelled out $40.00 or more on an expensive toy that promises hours of nonstop entertainment only to stop by Wendy's, pick up the kids meal, and watch Caleb's satisfaction with the "educational investment" in the trunk be eclipsed by his overwhelming joy for the free happy meal toy.

Here are Caleb's top rated toys:

--see previous post on the Red Power Ranger.

--tin foil


--anything he can turn into a drum


Frozone (little happy meal toy from Wendy's.) We spent the better part of playtime looking for him yesterday.

Helium filled Balloons (great object lesson on the fleeting nature of happiness.)

Last year we had a dinosaur themed B-day. The only thing he still plays with are the party decorations (little dinosaurs).

His spiderman towel.


Anyway, I'm at a loss. I was hoping for more enlightenment in this area. A vision from God perhaps, but I'll settle for a good sale at Toys'r'us.

No comments: