Sunday, May 14, 2006

ABC's of my life

I forgot to say that Minnie had tagged me with this meme.

Accent: The East Texas Twang. Different than West Texas, I am told.

Bible Book that I like: Genesis.

Chore I don't care for: Changing poopie diapers?

Dog or Cat: Hmmm . . . I guess cat, but right now I'd rather have neither. But we have a cat.

Essential Electronics: Computer.

Favorite Cologne: Just don't have one.

Gold or Silver: Mainly gold. But my ears are not pierced anymore--too much trouble. My wedding ring is gold. My Aggie ring is gold. So gold it is.

Handbag I Carry Most Often: This pink one I got at Target. I just watched this TV special about how the handbag was the big status symbol for women. I'm not even anywhere near the status ladder.

Job Title: Mom.

Kids: Gwendolyn Elise Miller, 1 year, Caleb Lee Miller, 4 years.

Living Arrangements: One great, wonderful, adventurous husband who is in Australia. Two kids, and one very sweet, though slightly overweight cat that would love to come live with you.

Most Admirable Trait: I don't know, but one thing that my parents have given me is a very welcoming nature towards just about anybody. I still remember my dad saying, God doesn't tell us to agree with others he just tells us to love others. My parents live this out and I hope--really hope that I have that trait as well.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: I had, and still deal with an explosive temper. I used to beat my head on the floor when I didn't get my way. Which as I recall happened quite often. I was okay in the seventies when there was lots of shag carpet. But Elise does the same thing and we have concrete floors. She DID NOT pick this up from me. I stopped beating my head on the floor when we installed the concrete floors.--just kidding. The story goes that I stopped beating my head on the floor when I discovered linoleum. I don't know what Elise's problem is.

Overnight Hospital Stays: I had my left ovary removed when I was a junior in high school because it had been obliterated (actual term used by doctor) by a cyst the size of a large cantaloupe or a small watermelon whatever you want to call it.

Phobias: I'm pretty phobia free.

Quote:
It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to
remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you can talk to may one
day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to
worship, or else a horror and a corruption such as you now meet, if at all, only
in a nightmare. All day long we are, in some degree, helping each other to one
or other of these destinations. . . . There are no ordinary people. You have
never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations--these are
mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals
whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit--immortal horrors or
everlasting splendors.--C.S. Lewis
Religion: I'm with Carol as well. Definitely believe that Christianity is not a belief system, but a relationship with the God of the universe--that is what I'm working on, not on obtaining, but perhaps maintaining, like you would a marriage relationship.

Siblings: I have a brother, Doug, who is 28 (almost 29) and his wife, Margaret. They live in Bend, Oregon where they get to float down the Deschutes river in a drift boat and fly fish. Actually, Doug fishes and Margaret gets to read. This is an image of heaven for me. Doug also plays the guitar and sounds a lot like Johnny Cash. Margaret is a CPA--she is brilliant. My sister, Jessica (who sounds like Allison Krause), teaches Reading to seventh graders, and she is an awesome teacher! So much better than I was my first year. Actually, probably better than I was at year two and three as well. My sister's husband, Bret, is a youth minister, and a wonderfully multi-talented man. He can act, he can draw, he can smash cans with his bare hands--he's that strong! (inside joke.)

Time I Wake Up: Generally early, I need that first cup of coffee before the kids get up.

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: cabbage, not that anyone ever offers it to me, but I've smelled it before, and if it were offered to me, I'd refuse to eat it. Does Tuna fish sandwiches have vegetables in them? I hate Tuna fish.

Worst Habit: My problem is that I do not easily develop habits. My keys are always in a different place. So is my purse, my sunglasses, my jewelry. I have a difficult time setting up routines and when I do finally get one, if I break it, I'm lost for the rest of the day.

X-rays: only my teeth. Per my dentist: I have little teeth, but they are deeply rooted (in case you were wondering).

Yummy Stuff I Cook: I haven't cooked a real meal in weeks. I'll ask Eric if he remembers what I used to cook.

Zoo Animal I Like Most: The gibbon monkeys. They are really cute!

I am tagging Lori (who could use your prayers, see latest post.) and Terri who found her keys. Terri, I've been there. And I usually drag others with me.

No comments: