Thursday, February 23, 2006

XXX church

Craig Gross from XXXChurch (I had to turn my content filter off to go to that sight by the way.) spoke at Mars Hill in Grand Rapids. His sermon is available for download. Well worth a listen.

His story about Stephanie (You will just have to listen) taught me that those who look to be the greatest sinners among us may be the most sought after by Christ. He also talks about how we fill our lives with all manner of sins when we ignore God's call.

Anyway, the sermon is entitled the Unignorable Calling. Again, well worth a listen. In fact I recommend anything from Mars Hill. Great Teaching!

On another note (well actually, this is perhaps an entirely different genre) here is a beautiful (and funny) piece at Humble Musings--a reminder that all the tips, tricks, time savers, and "me-time" won't give us an abundant life if we haven't first left our jars to be filled with the living water from Christ's well. Her words carry more weight when you know that she is carrying a baby that is due any day now. And it is her 5th child.

You know, as one who has tried every trick in the "me-time" book, I'm thinking these two pieces probably have more in common than we might think.

No comments: