Friday, January 06, 2006

Other people worth mentioning

As a result of an earlier post, I began thinking about othre people that really exhibit Christ's love for the world. I believe we all have this calling and God, because he is a creative God, gives us unique talents and abilities to carry out that work.

I believe, as a follower of Christ, that I should spend more time pointing to those actions in which people do display a Resurrected Christ than to those actions in which we don't.

My cousin, Annie, works with Heifer International. I've copied their Mission from their web page:


Heifer envisions world of communities living together in peace and
equitably sharing the resources of a healthy planet.

Heifer's mission is to work with communities to end hunger and poverty and to care for the earth.

Heifer's strategy is to pass on the gift. As people share their animals' offspring with others along with their knowledge, resources, and skills an expanding network of hope, dignity, and self-reliance is created that reaches around the globe.

No comments: