Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Reading the Bible in 90 days

Here is what I am thinking about:
  • Begin an on-line Bible Study the second week in January.
  • Those who want to be an official part can let that be known.
  • Expectations for those that participate are to submit, via e-mail, something that God has revealed to them through their Bible Study. This should be done once a week.
  • I'll choose e-mails to publish on a blog so that when we are finished we have a "devotional" for the time we spent in the word.
  • I'll develop guidelines for posts: no long winded e-mails on the justification of speaking in tongues, keep it personal--what is God teaching me, not what is he teaching my husband, neighbor, kids, the world, etc.
  • Participants can post at will in the comments section. I probably won't monitor the posts at first.
  • As a means of community, I'm not sure how effective this is, but I would encourage anyone that decides to take on this 90 day challenge, to convince someone else to do so as well. Perhaps someone they can get together with on a regular basis for community. I think community is really important.
  • Anyway, If you are interested let me know.
  • Be warned: I have no qualifications for this whatsoever. I can't teach it. I can just manage the website. And, well actually, I'll be learning website management on the fly. (do not use bright red in post, it hurt my eyes to read it. Use this nice maroon color.)

No comments: