Monday, November 14, 2005

Books I'm reading

What I am reading:

  • Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller. His chapter on being naked is insightful.
  • The Lost Continent by Bill Bryson. I'm a little disappointed. His writing seems more jaded than humorous. A Walk in the Woods and A Brief History of Nearly Everything are better. My Aunt Brenda suggested A Walk . . . . It is truly one of the funniest books I have ever read. I would read passages to Eric and laugh so hard, I couldn't talk. Reading it aloud was physically painful.
  • Adventures in Missing the Point. Brian McLaren and Tony Campolo. It is interesting because, though they largely agree, they do disagree and do so in a God honoring way. Refreshing in that respect.
  • Gospel of John.
Eric always accuses me of never finishing a book. Just because I don't read the last page, doesn't mean I haven't finished it.

No comments: