Friday, October 28, 2005

Taken out at the knees

pitter-patter, pitter-patter, pitter-patter, BAM! WHAHHHHHHH! pitter-patter, pitter-patter, pitter-patter.

This is such a familar sound at our house. Elise walks. And Caleb, almost every time he passes her, knocks her down. I've seen him do this. Sometimes he is just laying on the ground and Elise walks by and he just grabs her foot and sends her skidding across the floor like a baseball player sliding into home for the winning run.

The most fascinating part of this for me, is that he can't seem to stop himself. Like the scorpion on the turtles back, tripping Elise seems to be part of his nature. Elise walking is as tempting to Caleb as puddles in a parking lot--both so appealing to his dark side.

As you might have noticed from the picture on yesterday's post, we have concrete floors. It can be a hard fall. Luckily she doesn't have far to go at this point.

(She did not fall in yesterday's picture. That is her normal posture of protest. It is so funny. And predictable. The moment I put her down, I ran for the camera because I knew she'd give me just the pose I wanted.)

No comments: