Thursday, October 20, 2005

Educating Caleb

Caleb has learned Romans 12:1,
Therefore, in view of God's mercy, offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God (we end it here, but the verse goes on) for this is your spiritual act of worship.
This was a more difficult Bible verse than the first. He has had it memorized for awhile, but I have not been able to get a video of him saying it.

I used three methods to teach this verse.
  1. I lined up all of his lego people and had one man announce it to the others from the castle.
  2. I said the verse and had him help me "remember" it.
  3. I always use hand motions with the verses. They don't have to be great or even that intuitive, we make them up as we go along. As Caleb is learning the verse I can sometimes do the motion and he remembers what to say.


No comments: